Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Bonjour et au revoir.

In less than two weeks I'll be on a plane to Senegal.

I'm still trying to take that in and every time I do, multiple waves of fear, anxiety, dread, excitement, wonderment, and confusion settle over me. I just got off a plane from Seattle, I was in LA three weeks ago, KC a month and a half ago, Tucson a little while back, and New York and Denmark in December/January... it's insane to now think that I'll be in Africa so soon. I am incredibly excited and antsy to finally get to Mauritania and get started on training and volunteering but at the same time my abysmal French skills are causing a large deal of alarm. Anyway, regardless of the anxiety, I've been waiting for this for over a year now and very little can possibly stop me at this point!

As for this blog, I'm hoping to be able to update it whenever I can. Maybe once a week (doubtful) but more likely once every month or two. I'm told that during the first two-three months of training my access to internet will be pretty limited, and once I find out where I'll be stationed I'll know what my more regular internet access will be like. If I get the chance I'll try upload photos and give a few impressions about what I'm seeing and experiencing.


For those who might be interested, here's a little map of the traveling I've done in the last six months, as I alluded to earlier...

1 comment: